Pasadena Homicide Lawyer
Aggressively Fighting for Clients In & Around Pasadena, CA
Being accused of killing another person is the most serious offense you can face in society. The taking of a human life is a crime that is aggressively investigated by law enforcement and forcefully prosecuted in criminal courts. If convicted, you could be facing many years up to life in prison without the possibility of parole. You will need an aggressive, trusted, and experienced criminal defense lawyer who is skilled both inside the courtroom at trial and outside the courtroom in investigating and analyzing your case, finding favorable evidence, and dealing with prosecutors.
At such a time, you can turn to The Law Office of Damon Alimouri, a criminal defense firm that has routinely achieved outstanding outcomes for clients in even the most difficult of charges. Our Pasadena homicide attorney has earned a reputation throughout our area for his high level of professionalism and legal ability. Our firm has defended individuals in all types of serious and violent crimes. From the moment we take on your case, we will ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout all phases of your case, from investigation by law enforcement through a jury trial where it occurs. We will conduct our own meticulous investigation into all of the facts and circumstances involved in your arrest and charges and leave no stone unturned in creating your defense strategy. This will likely be the most critical time in your life and we understand that the results can be based on the level of dedication and effort we apply to your case.
Types of Homicide in California
Under California law, various types of homicide can be charged against an individual. The Law Office of Damon Alimouri defends all homicide charges.
- First-degree murder that is carried out in a willful, deliberate, or premeditated manner. This is an act of malice. It is punishable by 25 years up to life in prison. Where it is determined to be a hate crime, it is punishable by life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- Capitol murder which is a first-degree murder that has special circumstances, such as killing a police officer or other public servant, killing more than one person, a drive-by shooting, and other situations. It is generally punishable by life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- Second-degree murder that is willful but without premeditation. It carries 15 years up to life in prison without the possibility of parole; punishment will depend on the circumstances such as having prior convictions.
- Felony murder which involves the killing of a person while in the commission of another dangerous felony, such as robbery, burglary, carjacking, kidnapping, or other crimes. It may be charged in the first or second degree, depending on the circumstances. Felony murder may be punishable by 25 years up to life in prison.
- Attempted murder that involves taking at least one action to kill a person with intent to kill. This can carry a life sentence in prison.
- Voluntary manslaughter that involves killing someone in the heat of the moment but without malice aforethought. It is punishable by three, six, or 11 years in prison.
- Involuntary manslaughter that involves killing someone without intent but with know that a high risk of causing death or great physical injury exists. It is punishable by two, three, or four years in prison.
- Vehicular manslaughter occurs when you kill another by driving in an unlawful manner either with or without gross negligence. It may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the circumstances. A misdemeanor is punishable by up to a year in jail while a felony is punishable by two up to 10 years in prison.
- DUI murder that is based on killing someone while driving in an intoxicated state. This is deemed second-degree murder because the driver engaged in an intentional act of unlawful and dangerous driving without regard for the lives of others.
Other consequences of a homicide conviction can involve fines of up to $10,000, having to pay restitution to victims, and harsher sentences where a gun was used or the crime was gang-related. You could also face a civil wrongful death lawsuit by the survivors of manslaughter or murder victims.
You Can Rely on Our Professionalism & Integrity of Service
Many defenses can be brought up against any homicide case. However, you will need an attorney who is experienced in handling these very serious charges. Once you retain the services of The Law Office of Damon Alimouri, we will begin to immediately and exhaustively investigate your case in search of creating the most effective strategy possible. We will also do everything possible to protect your rights and your privacy throughout the process. This will increase your chances for a positive result.
We are available online or at (626) 986-3838 to schedule your consultation. Call today.
A Reputation for Successfully Handling Difficult Cases
A Passion to Fight For Peoples' Rights
Goes the Extra Mile for Every Client
Very Accessible & Responsive to Clients
Has Handled a Wide Range of Different Cases
Strong Relationships With Judges & Prosecutors